Friday, November 21, 2014

Moving Forward

Week Two of class is under our belts. We're expanding on sits, downs and recalls. Larry worked very well with a barky? aggressive? larger dog next to us. The class started the first week with solid barriers marking each dog's work area, and this week was regular ring gating except for the one next to us who isn't ready to see the other dogs yet. I was happy that Larry, although aware when the other dog would react to him, would quickly return to working with me.

I'm happy to say we are developing a training rhythm at home! I have been years out of practice of working at home and it was harder to restart than I expected, but we seem to be on the right path now. Let's hope I can keep it up through the holidays - that will be the test.

We're still working on the weavepoles. I finally managed to get a charged video camera down to the building with me and get someone to hold it. We have closed the poles down to about 2"  - this is his second session on them and there were many, many distractions happening, so he's not driving ahead like he has been, but he is working



I've gotten out my jump at home and as long as the class homework keeps going well, we're going to work some single jump drills in the living room (my hubby is less than pleased) to hopefully improve our communication skills and keep cabin fever to a minimum!

No comments:

Post a Comment